If you have spent any amount of time in an office space, you have probably noticed the close quarters that coworkers interact in. While individuals may not be sitting right on top of one another, there is a sense of working closely together. This means that should one individual fall ill in your office, the illness will most likely spread to others. While this spread is typically blamed on the original person, the surfaces throughout your office are really to blame.
A company within the U.K. released an infographic showing just how unclean the average office is. Here is what they found:
- The desk in an office can be 400 times dirtier than the office toilet seat
- Almost 25,000 different germs could be living on your office phone, per square inch
- Your keyboard could hold up to 70% more germs and bacteria than on the toilet
- The area of your desk where your hands rest could have 10,000 bacteria and germs
- 10,000 bacteria can be found on your desk surface where your hands sit
- Almost 75% of water taps found within in office have the potential to be a major illness risk
- Some viruses can survive on a surface for almost 18 full hours
How can you make a cleaner office?
- Wash your hands on a regular basis
- Stay at home when you are running a fever
- If possible, never eat at your desk
- Clean hard surfaces of your office on a regular basis
- Trust Foreman Pro Cleaning to clean your office space on a regular basis
Foreman Pro Cleaning provides Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, and surrounding areas with professional commercial cleaning services they can trust. With 25 years of professional experience, the Foreman family created this family owned and operated business to provide you with commercial cleaning services that are sure to exceed your expectations. We understand the importance of having a clean and healthy work space, which is why our staff is trained to provide services that are meticulous and pristine.
To get started with Foreman Pro Cleaning, call us today at 410-741-3450, or visit ourcontact page.