If you’re like most business owners, you know the importance of keeping your office clean. But when it comes to medical offices, the stakes are much higher. In fact, medical office cleaning is so important that it’s one of the few areas where OSHA has specific guidelines¹ for how to clean properly.
At Foreman Pro Cleaning, we understand the importance of medical office cleaning and have specialized in healthcare facilities for over 10 years. We offer a wide range of services that meet OSHA standards and keep your facility clean and healthy for visitors and employees alike.
Why is medical office cleaning important?
There are a few key reasons why medical office cleaning is so important:
- Medical offices see a lot of traffic from people with vulnerable immune systems or contagious illnesses. This means that there is a greater risk of harmful germs and bacteria being spread throughout the office.
- Because medical offices deal with sensitive medical information, it’s important to maintain a high level of cleanliness to protect the privacy of patients.
- Medical office cleaning is also important for the safety of employees. In a traditional office setting, a messy desk might not be a big deal. But in a medical office, where employees are constantly coming into contact with patients and medical equipment, it’s important to make sure that all surfaces are clean and free of harmful bacteria.
What are the benefits of medical office cleaning?
There are many benefits to medical office cleaning, including:
- Reducing the spread of harmful germs and bacteria.
- Improving the appearance of the medical office.
- Creating a healthier work environment.
- Providing a clean space for patients and visitors.
- Aligning with OSHA standards for medical environments.
Foreman Pro Cleaning offers specialized healthcare cleaning services that can provide all of these benefits and more. Contact us today to learn more about our medical office cleaning services.
What to look for in specialized medical office cleaning?
When you’re looking for a medical office cleaning company, it’s important to make sure that they have the experience and expertise necessary to clean your office properly. Here are a few things to look for:
Bloodborne Pathogen Certification
- This is a must for a medical office cleaning company. This certification means that the company has been trained to properly handle and dispose of medical waste, which can be a serious health hazard if not done correctly.
Proactive and Reactive Disinfection Services
- Proactive disinfection is a preventive measure that helps to keep your office clean and free of bacteria. Reactive disinfection is used when there has been a confirmed case of illness in the office, and it helps to prevent the spread of infection.
Specialized Training in Healthcare Environments
- This type of training helps to ensure that the company understands the unique challenges of cleaning a medical office² and can properly clean all surfaces, including those that come into contact with patients.
Written Procedures With Staff Training Records
- This is another important thing to look for. This ensures that the company has a detailed plan for how to clean your office and that all employees have been properly trained in medical office cleaning procedures.
The company should also have experience cleaning medical offices. This means that they understand the importance of medical office cleaning and know how to properly clean all surfaces in the office. Handling and cleaning medical equipment requires a different level of care than traditional office cleaning.
Reputable providers should use hospital-grade cleaning products. This ensures that the company is using the best possible products to clean your medical office and that all surfaces are properly disinfected.
Medical cleaning companies should have a good understanding of OSHA standards for medical office cleaning. This will ensure that the company is up-to-date on the latest medical office cleaning guidelines and that they are following all OSHA regulations.
At Foreman Pro Cleaning, we meet all of the above requirements in the Medical Office Cleaning 101 checklist.
How we approach cleaning medical offices or facilities
Cleaning medical offices or facilities requires a high level of expertise due to the many challenges that are unique to this type of environment. Our team of medical office cleaning specialists has the experience and training necessary to properly clean all surfaces in your office, including those that come into contact with patients.
The first step in any healthcare facility cleaning process is establishing a regimen for maintaining good hygiene. We assess the size and usage of the space to be cleaned, considering any elements that need special attention, including patient waiting rooms, restrooms and examination rooms, labs, and the like. Assessing also allows us to create procedures to ensure proper maintenance between deeper cleaning sessions.
When cleaning a healthcare facility, we perform the necessary tasks to get at areas that may not have seen attention from prior routine cleaning. Equipment is covered or removed as needed for deep cleaning of medical offices and exam rooms. Our cleaning equipment is designed for use in healthcare environments, including HEPA filters on all vacuum devices and antimicrobial agents for hard surfaces including floors.
Carpets and upholstered surfaces get regularly scheduled deep cleaning, spot treatment where needed, and thorough HEPA vacuuming between intensive cleanings. Bathrooms, sinks, and other high-touch surfaces get disinfected with medical-grade products. Floors receive a detailed mopping with solutions designed to meet medical cleaning standards. Our knowledge of medical offices is especially useful, as we are experienced in working around sensitive diagnostic equipment and lab components.
Patients like to know they are in a clean, professionally maintained medical environment, so we pay attention to the details of presentation too. Dust-mopping and polishing hard surfaces show patients and visitors that you are attentive to every detail. Plants are dusted and turned, while decorative features get extra attention to keep them sparkling.
We also provide extensively detailed medical cleaning services for specific needs. Please contact us for more information on one-time cleaning, regular visits, or any of our array of services.
Healthcare facilities we service
We offer healthcare janitorial and medical office cleaning services to a wide range of providers. When it comes to healthcare facilities cleaning, we stand by our work and guarantee that every healthcare environment we serve is properly cleaned, not merely touched up with surface cleaning and fragrance.
We have direct experience servicing the following:
- Urgent Care Centers
- Pediatric care centers
- Dental offices
- Oncology care
- Family practice
- Outpatient surgery facilities
- Labs and testing centers
We can also service these medical facilities:
- Veterinary clinics and hospitals
- Physical therapy practices
- Rehabilitation centers
- Assisted living facilities
- Long-term care facilities
What’s included in a medical office cleaning checklist?
A medical office cleaning checklist should cover all of the above requirements in the Medical Office Cleaning 101 checklist. In addition, it should include:
- Wiping down all medical equipment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting restrooms.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Dusting surfaces.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Sanitizing door handles and light switches.
- Wiping down surfaces in waiting areas
A medical office cleaning checklist should be tailored to the specific needs of the medical office. It is important to have a detailed cleaning checklist to ensure that all areas of the medical office are properly cleaned.
How to choose a medical office cleaning company
When you are ready to hire a medical office cleaning company, there are certain standards your potential service provider should meet. Here is a checklist of medical office cleaning 101 elements that Foreman Pro Cleaning meets:
- Are they insured and bonded?
- Do they have experience in medical office cleaning?
- Can they provide references from current medical office clients?
- Do they have a medical office cleaning checklist they can provide?
- Are their medical office cleaning services customizable to meet the needs of your facility?
- Do they have medical office cleaning discounts or specials available?
At Foreman Pro Cleaning, we are proud to offer top-quality medical office cleaning services at competitive rates. Contact us today for a free medical office cleaning quote! We serve the Hamptons Road Area in Virginia, Annapolis, Maryland, and from our new office, we offer medical office cleaning in Washington DC. Check out all of our Washington DC office’s services at https://www.foremanpro.com/locations/washington-dc-commercial-cleaning/
Occupational Safety and Health Standards, 1910.1030, Bloodborne pathogens – Occupational Safety and Health Administration – https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.1030
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html