In the 21st century, where so much of our lives revolve around technology, networks, and data, the idea of having any of those things fail or even stutter can be enough to make your stomach drop. This is particularly true if you run a business where the crux of the operation is its technology functioning properly. Thinking about data center equipment downtime can be a nightmare for company management. However, with proper maintenance and professional cleaning, your data center or server room will reduce risk of downtime and extend the lifespan of your data center equipment.
Have a Planned Professional Cleaning Schedule
Even if the accumulation of dust, dirt, and grime don’t cause a system shutdown, they can drastically shorten the life of your data center equipment. This can easily be avoided with regular periodic cleaning from a professional cleaning service. Aside from all the fans in the equipment blowing around and sucking up whatever dust might be in the room, technological equipment like that is liable to accumulate chemical build-up with extended use. Preventative maintenance like this is why it’s crucial to have your data center cleaned on a schedule, and by a professional cleaning service that has been trained not to damage sensitive equipment.
Key Areas to Focus On
Dirt, grime, dust, and other contaminants have a lot of small or hidden places to hide in data centers and server rooms. Luckily, Foreman Pro Cleaning professional data center cleaning services know all these hiding places and specialized pro tips, and can eliminate the problem as it arises. Common hiding spots are:
- Subfloor surface: Vacuuming the subfloor plenum with specialized equipment will eliminate particles that may be blocking airflow throughout the room — critical in preventing overheating.
- Raised floor surface: A vacuum followed by a damp mop and cleaning chemicals cleared for data center use will keep your floors clean to remove ground contaminants.
- Exterior equipment surfaces: Vacuum exterior surfaces with a critical filtered vacuum. Applying anti-static cleaner will reduce dust accumulation.
- Interior server cabinet: Again, vacuum exhaust fans, cabinet doors, and server surfaces with the critical filtered vacuum, and apply anti-static cleaner.
- Ceilings: Take a guess — vacuum. Attack any drop ceilings or overhead railways that may be gathering dust that could eventually befall the data center equipment.
Call Foreman Pro Cleaning to Schedule Your Data Center Cleaning
Foreman Pro Cleaning provides Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, and surrounding areas with professional commercial cleaning services they can trust. With 25 years of professional experience, the Foreman family created this family owned and operated business to provide you with commercial cleaning services that are sure to exceed your expectations. We understand the importance of having a clean and healthy work space, which is why our staff is trained to provide services that are meticulous and pristine.
To get started with Foreman Pro Cleaning, call us today at 888-360-1608, or visit our contact page.